The National Championships, the best of the best in the nation competing for top spot. These races are a cornerstone to National Team selection and nomination for international races. Spring time in the French Alps is warm and sunny with hard snow in the mornings getting softer in the afternoons so the races start early.
We encourage racers U16 and U14 to live in if at all possible. There is so much extra help and support available to live in athlets from ski tuning and fitness to metal toughness training and video analysis.
We have very limited spaces for the live in option on both weeks so if you would like to stay with ATC then please book early. Remember you need sub 400 points in one discipline to race at the British if you are U14 U16. No qualification needed in U12 and U10. We suggest that under 12s be accompanied by their parents if this is their first camp with ATC.
Dates Location and prices
30 March - 6th April / British Championship Training Week
6 - 13 April / British Championship Race Week
Training Only £400
Full Package £1350
Travelling to the ATC Tux spring camp foolowing the British? We will again be organising a Van to transport kit and kids from Tignes to Tux leaving on the Saturday the 13th April. The Tux spring camp is a week long and includes the option of a further two BASS races in Leogang AUT.
Goals of the Camp
On Snow: We hit the slopes early for the training and racing week. We book a private training piste in resort where we get a faster turn around. Afternoon skiing is a little softer snow so we tend to do a few runs in the gates then have some fun free skiing around resort. During the training days we will focus our attention on fine tuning technical areas and getting used to skiing longer courses under race conditions.
Off snow: Our focus will be equally shared between fitness, stretching and active recovery. Time will be spent tuning their skis, under supervision of the coaches.
For U14 and U16 there is a National SL, GS and SG as well as a fun Parallel SL for everyone. These races are British seeded (BASS) races and results from the British Championships are the main factor included as selection for the British U16 and U14 Teams.
For the U12s there is a GS and Combi.
GBR race entries and information can be found on the GBSKI website and the FIS programme can be found at GB Ski website.
We will have an accompanying adult on these flights. Please meet us at the Easyjet check in desk 2 hours before departure, check in your bags as soon as you arrive.
Uk To Geneva
Geneva to the UK
Note: for those planning on going to the Hintertux Camp after Tignes, there will be an ATC van driving there.
Remember to bring your signed "parent consent for international travel form"
Race Week - Hotel Paquis Tignes Le Lac +33 4 79 06 37 33
House Parents And ATC Staff
Lara Burgart - 07940017548 firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment Check list
- SL GS SG skis
- Protection - including certified FIS helmet and back protector
- Cat-suit and training shorts
- Warm jacket and salopettes
- Thermals and ski socks x2
- Hat, gloves x2 and buff
- Fitness clothing and running shoes including shorts and tracksuit
- Tuning equipment including wax, files, 87 / 88-degree angle, scraper, iron (benches provided)
- ATC clothing if you have some (please wear when travelling)
- Sun-cream and lippy with sunscreen
- Casual clothes
- Water bottle, travel adaptor, towel
- swimmies and towel - in case we go for a swim
- Pocket money - needed for travel days for drinks/food at airports, and for extras like hot chocolate, hot soup for lunch, swimming pool, etc.
Transfers to Resort with ATC
Pick up will be from Geneva airport and will either be in the ATC van and/or with a local transfer/bus company. The journey takes approximately 3hrs.
If you are are a resident staying with ATC for the camps, ATC will provide your lift pass for you. Tignes Race pass which you can purchase through the BSS website for £18 per day.
Emergency medical insurance is required specifically you need to be covered for ski racing. We highly recommend cancelation insurance, because if you have to cancel your booking due to any reason within 4 weeks of the camp start date you will not receive a refund from ATC.
Booking - step by step
- Pay for the camp in full or pay deposit http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/projects/
- Fill out the booking form
- Book flights https://www.easyjet.com/en/ call us to make sure camp is confirmed
- Read and sign ATC Athlete Code of Conduct http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/read-me-1/
- Ensure all equipment is ready and in good condition – call your coach if you need help
- Read your last ATC coaches report, and bring it with you
- Make sure your passport and insurance are up to date