ATC Ski Camps provide young racers with great training and support, in the best learning environments. Our camps are fun, meticulously organised and very well coached. We provide the best training in a safe atmosphere for young athletes to develop the skills they need for ski racing and life.
ATC racing Academy
This winter ATC will open a racing base and racing academy in the heart of the Austrian Alps. This academy will offer athletes a world class training facility with tutored academic support for those who are still enrolled in education at home.
Training and Academics
Opening this November for
U14 to FIS athletes
ATC Indoor Slalom Super Tuesdays
The perfect environment for working on core technical skills. Originally set up for the summer months and now available all year round. Check out the ATC camps group facebook page for up to date information https://www.facebook.com/groups/atccamps/
- Tuesdays 6pm - 9pm
- Only £16.00 per person and free of charge for Team ATC athletes (not including a lift pass)
Regular Indoor Training
ATC has 20 places each Tuesday night from 6-9pm
September Indoor SLalom CamP
Refining your Slalom technique takes repetition and time. Hamburg is an intensive weekend of training, with guaranteed reliable conditions, maximum number of runs per session, and cold hard snow, all of which is perfect for hammering in what you need to work on until it becomes automatic. Suitable for FIS, U16, U14 and experienced U12 racers.
- 28th September - 1st October, 3 nights with 6-7 sessions on snow
- Includes transfers to and from the airport on group flights, lift passes, coaching, fitness sessions, ski tuning, accommodation and meals, 6 - 7 action packed training sessions. Flights not included.
- 22nd - 28th September 2017, 6 nights with 11-12 sessions on snow
- Includes transfers to and from the airport on group flights, lift passes, coaching, fitness sessions, accommodation and meals. Flights not included.
Maximising Slalom Training
Full length slalom courses on race conditions
November Fitness weekend
nethy bridge, Scotland
A big social, with a "little" fitness testing thrown in! Training for athletic strength, speed, and power are explained and practiced as well as a full weekend of biking, swimming in the river, playing in the forest, BBQs, hot tubs, good food and friends.
- 11th - 12th November
- Arrival 10am Saturday - Depart 4pm on Sunday
- Free of charge for Team ATC and Team ATC Scotland athletes
- £100 includes accommodation, food, and all activities
Cairngorm National Park
Fitness testing and forest activities followed by BBQ and workshops.
october Half term camps
Getting a good solid chunk of training in during the school holidays, we are back at one of our favourite training venues. Hintertux has no rival for quality of training at this time of year. The emphasis of this camp is to work on your position and balance, technical free skiing and to ski longer courses. We will use timing and video to verify the speed in different sections and different lines. Video analysis, fitness sessions, learn to ski tune sessions, and time for homework. This camp is a great first ski camp abroad and is suitable for everyone who loves skiing and wants to get better, it is also perfect for the more serious ski racers that need to get more miles on snow under their belts, before the first races of the season start. We have four separate weeks available through the October holidays. We recommend that under 12s be accompanied by their parents if this is their first camp with ATC.
- October 7th - 13th / October 14th - 20th / October 21st - 27th / October 28th - 3rd November
- £900 residential if paid in full before August, £950 per week if paid after August 1st (including transfer to/from airport on group flights, meals and accommodation, coaching, race support, lift pass, and help with ski tuning. Not including flights and insurance)
- £400 per week for training only (meet and pick up at the lifts each day)
Our October Home
Hintertux offers the first winter snow. ATC has been coming to Tux for over 20 years.
October - become a Coach and Instructor
Improve your own skiing by learning how to teach, and get a BASI qualification that will enable you to work in Scotland and in UK snow domes. It is the first step on the BASI instructor ladder, it will provide insurance for you to be an assistant ski coach and to instruct on ski camps, and it will give you school credits. BASI is working on it being equivalent to an A level. If you have been skiing for years, love skiing, and are 16 or older, we highly recommend taking this course. Note that in addition to taking this course, you will also need to complete a module for Safeguarding Children, a first aid course and 35 hours teaching ski experience. For more info from BASI on the specific course we are offering go to the BASI website:
- BASI L1 Instructor - 14th to 18th October - £430 course fees only
BASI L1 Coach - 19th to 20th October - £180 course fees only
- Accommodation package available on request firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be 16 years old at time of course. This course needs 6 people on it to be confirmed. Please do not book flights until the course is confirmed. Pay your deposit now, if it doesn't go ahead due to lack of interest, then the deposit/course fee will be refunded.
Get Qualified with BASI
We want racers to get their qualifications!
Christmas & New Year Camps
(inc. BASS race series)
This camp will be based out of the new ATC academy in the village of Steinach in the Wipptal area of Austria. This is where the Austrian Ski Team often trains during the winter. We have great access to quality training and even night skiing under the lights. The BASS races are well run and we will again be to Saalfelden for the race series. This camp is suitable for all racers. We recommend that under 12s be accompanied by their parents if this is their first camp.
- 23rd to 29th December - Christmas week training in Steinach Tyrol
- 30th Dec to 5th Jan - New Year training week in Steinach Tyrol (BASS races - 30h Dec to Jan 8th - See below details)
- £1300 Residential (including transfer to/from airport on group flights, meals and accommodation, coaching, race support, lift pass, and help with ski tuning, not including flights and insurance)
- £400 Training Only
BASS Race Week
The BASS races are well run and we will again be to Saalfelden for the race series. We will travel to Saalfelden on the 3rd or 4th January for the race series.
- 30th December to 8th January 2018 training in Steinach and BASS races in Saalfeldon
- Residential (including transfer to/from airport on group flights, meals and accommodation, coaching, race support, lift pass, and help with ski tuning, not including flights and insurance)
- £500 Training Only
Based at the Austria Academy
Training and racing during the Christmas holidays
English championships (February half term)
Some of the nicest weather, best snow conditions and a chance to race against the best in the UK has been February in Bormio the past few years. This is a great race series that we would encourage all families to attend, and of course we also recommend training the week before the races. We suggest that under 12s be accompanied by their parents if this is their first camp with ATC.
- 3rd to 9th February 2018 training week
- 10th to 17th February 2018 race week
- £1200 for residential if paid in full before the 3rd of December, £1300 if booked after that. (Price includes transfer to/from airport on group flights, meals and accommodation, coaching, race support, lift pass, and help with ski tuning, not including flights and insurance)
- £400 per week for training only
Racing at its best! Bormio offers great racing slopes including a SG
British Championships (easter - March April)
The National Championships, the best of the best in the nation competing for top spot and selection to the national teams and international races. Spring time in the French Alps is warm and sunny with hard snow in the mornings getting softer in the afternoons so the races start early. We prepare well for the championships and prioritise getting it right on the competition days. ATC won the Best Club Trophy for the under 16 boys at the British Champs. We will be looking to back up this performance this year and add to it in the other catagories. We recommend that under 12s be accompanied by their parents if this is their first camp with ATC.
Training the week before the Champs is a neccessity to best prepare and build confidence. We have the use of a private piste with a fast turn around ski lift which enables us to get a ton of training in in a very short time.
- 17th to 23rd March - British Junior and Senior FIS Championships Training
- 24th to 30th March - British Junior and Senior FIS Championships Race Support and Training
- 24th to 30th March - British Children's and Minis Training
- 31st March to 6 April - British Children's and Minis Race Support and Training
- £1200 Residential (including transfer to/from airport on group flights, meals and accommodation, coaching, race support, lift pass, and help with ski tuning, not including flights and insurance) if paid in full before 25 January, £1300 per week if booked/paid after the 25th January
- £400 Training Only PW
Spring Camp (inc. BASS races)
We have have enjoyed fantastic training at this camp over the past few years! Great snow conditions and training are available high on the glacier and because it is not a busy time of year, we can train wherever we like.
We are offering an optional extra road trip to the BASS races at Rieteralm for a Slalom and Giant Slalom which is a great last opportunity for points. This is available for all ages categories. These races went very well last year with ATC kids on the podium and a victory in the GS. This BASS race trip may (depending on the dates) extend the camp by a number of days for those taking part. We recommend that under 12s be accompanied by their parents if this is their first camp with ATC.
- 7th to 13 April 2018
- £900 Residential if paid before the 7th of February, £950 if paid after that (Residential includes transfer to/from airport on group flights, meals and accommodation, coaching, race support, lift passes, and help with ski tuning. Not including flights and insurance)
- £400 training only
BASS Races Road Trip
The Ambition BASS spring series include one Slalom and one Giant Slalom and are run in Reiteralm Austria. Dates and prices TBC. (Not included in the Spring Hintertux price)
Quiet, Quality and Relaxed
Spring in Hintertux is still winter up the mountain and summer in the valley.
Click here to subscribe to the ATC Bridge Athletic fitness programme £275.00 one year.
If you are interested in joining Team ATC please go to the Team ATC page to find out more information.