Braehead Tuesday night training
The perfect environment for working on core technical skills. Originally set up for the summer months, but now available, year round!
Indoor training on Tuesday nights and the occasional Sunday morning and sometimes on a Wednesday....check out the "ATC camps" group facebook page for up to date information.
- Tuesdays 6pm - 9pm
- Only £16.00 per person, each session.
- £00 for Team ATC and Team ATC Scotland athletes.
- Secure your place online and register your attendance on the "ATC Camps" page on Facebook, where you will also get any last minute information.
- We are fortunate to be joined by top class Coaches each week. Sharing their top tips and experience.
July Summer Camp - Hintertux, Austria
This camp is where we build the foundations of good racing technique, and get heaps of practice time. Summer ski camps are the ideal time to start the rebuilding process and gain valuable training. Even though next season's races are a long way off, there is still a great opportunity at this time of year to work on long term skill development. The atmosphere is low stress training, but also hard work, on the best glacier conditions in Europe.
- 1st - 7th July 2017
- 8th - 14th July 2017
- 15th - 21rst July 2017
- £900 for 6 days training, full residential.
Includes lift passes, coaching, food and accommodation, transfer to/from airport, help with tuning skis, and fitness activities.
- £400 for training only
- These camps are suitable for U16 and U14. U12 and U10 we recommend being accompanied by a parent.
ATC Coaching Team (subject to change)
- Andy Freshwater
- Ali Kuwall
- Iain Innes
- Cara Brown
U16 / FIS Specific Training weeks summer - Hintertux and Hamburg
Important summer preparation for the upcoming competition season. Intensive on snow training in the mornings with a focus on SL and GS. Afternoon dryland sessions with a focus on recovery as well as training for athletic strength, speed, and power. This camp is aimed specifically at athletes in the U16 and FIS age groups.
- 1rst -7th July 2017 Hintertux
- 8th - 14th July 2017 Hintertux
- 15th - 21rst July 2017 Hintertux
- 24th - 28th July 2017 Hamburg
- £900 per week for accommodation, food, lift pass, coaching, fitness, transfers on group flights from/to airport
- £400 per week for coaching/training only, in Hintertux
August Indoor Camp - Braehead, Scotland
Core Focus - Slalom racing and skill development.
This is a great chance to develop your ski racing specific skills and technique. Four days, gives the coaching team the chance to make development and changes more permanent.
Work out what is fastest through the gates for you, then practice and perfect it. Compare one run to the next, taking slightly different lines, start your turns higher or lower. Push your hardest out of the gate with different techniques. Learn smarter tactics and develop key race specific skills like starts and cross blocking. As with all ATC camps, it will be lots of fun!
- 1st - 4th August 2017
- Best suited for U10, U12, U14, U16's
- run by ATC's Head Coach, Ali Kuwall
- £220 for 4 days or £60 per day
- Includes lift pass, lunch, gate training, racing, fitness training, video analysis, technical workshops and coaching
Chilfactore British Championships weekend
August 12th 13th
ATC is offering a Race Camp to cover the weekend racing in Manchester for the British Indoor Championships. The full package will leave from Edinburgh at 4pm. We will be staying at the Premier Inn with meals, coaching, transport and lift pass all included. Departure from Hillend will be on Fri 11th August at 4pm and returning at 9pm (pick up) on Sunday 13th August.
- Coaching and Support (Indicated below)
- House mum
- Food and Accommodation
- Lift pass for 2 days
- Price £330
- Start Support
- Inspection course
- Training and warm up
- £35 per day
Autumn Fitness weekend - nethy bridge, Scotland
A big social, with a "little" fitness testing thrown in! Did you improve over the summer? did you work hard? fitness tests and components of training for athletic strength, speed, and power are explained and practiced, as well as a weekend of biking, dipping in the river, playing in the forest, gym sessions, BBQs, hot tubs, good food and friends.
- arrive at 10am Saturday, depart 4pm on Sunday
- £100 for the fitness weekend, includes accommodation, food, and all activities
- £00 for Team ATC and Team ATC Scotland, please book on to secure your place.
September SL Indoor Camp - Hamburg, Germany
Refining your Slalom technique takes repetition and time. Hamburg is an intensive weekend of training, we are guaranteed reliable conditions, maximum number of runs per session, and cold hard snow, all of which is perfect for hammering in what you need to work on, so that it becomes automatic.
- 28 September - 1st October for U16, U14, U12
- Includes transfers to and from the airport on group flights, lift passes, coaching, fitness sessions, ski tuning, accommodation and meals, 6 to 7 action packed training sessions
- 21st - 27th September 2017
- Includes transfers to and from the airport on group flights, lift passes, coaching, fitness sessions, accommodation and all meals
october camps - hintertux, Austria
Getting a good solid chuck of training in during the school holidays, we are back at one of our favourite training venues. The emphasis of this camp is to work on your position and balance, technical free skiing, and to ski longer courses in the gates. We will use timing and video to verify the speed in different sections and different lines. Video analysis, fitness sessions, learn to ski tune sessions, and time for homework. This camp is a great first ski camp abroad and is suitable for everyone who loves skiing and wants to get better, it is also perfect for the more serious ski racers that need to get more miles on snow under their belts, before the first races of the season start.
- 4 weeks of training available for U10, U12, U14, U16, FIS
- 7th - 13th October 2017 - week 1
- 14th - 20th October 2017 - week 2
- 21st - 27th October 2017 - week 3
- 28th October - 3rd November - week 4
- £900 for each week (this price is only available till the end of July, book now)
Includes coaching, fitness, accommodation, meals, transfers to/from the airport on group flights, ski tuning sessions, pastoral care
- £400 per week for training only
- Pay deposit now to secure your place on the week you would like (limited number of places available each week)
BASI LEVEL 1 Instructor course with ATC
Improve your own skiing by learning how to teach and get your BASI qualification that will enable you to work in Scotland and in UK snow domes. It is the first step on the BASI instructor ladder, it will provide insurance for you to be an assistant ski coach and to instruct on ski camps. If you have been skiing for years, love skiing, and are 16 or older, we highly recommend taking this course.
- 14th - 20th October, 1 day free skiing and 5 days on course
- Must be 16 years old at time of course
- £430 for the 5 day course fee only
- £930 for residential option including lift pass, food and accommodation, coaching and BASI course fee
BASI level 1 Coaching course with ATC
If you are 16 years or older, and want to improve your own ski racing, help others improve theirs, gain a BASI qualification that is recognised world wide, we recommend taking this course too!
- 21 - 22nd October 2017, 2 day course
- must be 16 years or older
- £180 for BASI course fee only
- £390 for residential option including BASI course fee, food and accommodation, and lift pass
December / January Camps and races- Austria
We are going back to Austria to train during the school holidays, where the snow is reliable and the races are well run. For the training weeks we will be based out of Steinach, where the Austrian Ski Team often trains during the winter. For the races, we will stay in Saalfeldon. This camp is suitable not only for those wanting to prepare and race in the BASS races, it is also a great training camp for those that want to get a good fun ski camp in during the school holidays.
- 23rd December - 29th December 2017 - Christmas week training in Steinach Tyrol
- 30th December - 5th January 2018 New Year training week in Steinach Tyrol
- £1300 per week including transfer on group flights, food and accommodation, lift passes, coaching, fitness, help with ski tuning
- £400 per week for training/coaching only
and for the race week
- 30th December - 8th January 2018 training in Steinach and BASS races in Saalfeldon
- £1600 includes coaching, transfer between resorts, food and accommodation, lift passes, fitness, help with ski tuning
- £500 for training/coaching only
February - training camp and English championships, bormio, italy
Some of the nicest weather, best snow conditions and a chance to race against the best in the UK has been February in Bormio the past few years. This is a great race series that we would encourage all families to attend, and of course we also recommend training the week before the races.
- 3rd - 9th February 2018 training week
- 10th - 17th February 2018 race week
- £400 for training/coaching only per week
- £1300 for residential option including transfer to/from airport on group flights, meals and accommodation, coaching, race support, lift pass, and help with ski tuning
If you are interested in joining Team ATC please go to the Team ATC page to find out more information.