With the rapid deterioration of the European glaciers through the summer months we have decided to head North to Fonna, in Norway to take advantage of this fantastic training facility. Early July offer the best weather and snow conditions and the training organisers salt the pistes which make them firm and stable all day long.
Dates for 2019 are as follows:
22 - 29 June
29 - 6 July
6 - 13 July
13 - 20 July
Focus of the Camp
On Snow: We will be focussing on technical developmenet and shaping new faster more effective techniques from introduction into practice. Summer camp is where racers build a stronger more effective tecnique, and then practice and refine it in gates and training courses.
Off snow: Our focus will be fitness development, setting young athletes up for a great summer of building strength and fitness. There will be lots of fun to be had as well and we like to take advantage of the beautiful surroundings we are in to explore Norway's breath taking scenery.
The lodge is set in the most beautiful location. We are right by the water, it has such a lovely homely feel and our hosts Willie and My are lovely people. My is a fabulous cook and there are options for all dietary requirements.
Live out Training only
This is possible on the Norway summer camp. There are lots of nice accomodation options available in the village and plenty for parents to do. There is a drive of 20 minutes to get to the skiing so you would need a car.
Equipment Check list
- SL, GS skis
- Protection - including certified FIS helmet and back protector
- Cat-suit and training shorts
- ATC jacket and salopettes
- Thermals x2 and ski socks x2
- Hat, gloves x2 pairs and buff x2
- Fitness clothing and running shoes including shorts and tracksuit
- Tuning equipment including wax, files, vices, waxing irorn, 87 / 88-degree angle, scraper etc. (benches provided)
- ATC clothing if you have some (please wear when travelling)
- Sun-cream and lippy with sunscreen
- Casual clothes
- Water bottle, travel adaptor, towel
- Pocket money - needed for travel days for drinks/food at airports, and for extras like hot chocolate, hot soup for lunch, etc.
Transfers to Resort with ATC
Pick up will be from Bergan airport and will either be in the ATC van or with a local transfer/bus company. The journey takes approximately 2hrs so make sure you have some snacks and water.
- Training Only £400 Per Week
- Full package live in for one week £1200
- Full package live in for two weeks £2400
Emergency medical insurance is required specifically you need to be covered for ski racing. We highly recommend cancelation insurance, because if you have to cancel your booking due to any reason within 4 weeks of the camp start date you will not receive a refund from ATC.
Booking - step by step
- Pay for the camp in full or pay deposit http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/projects/
- Fill out the booking form
- Pay for your flight on the group booking 1-15th July. For other dates, double check your flight details with Sean and Lara so they can organise a transfer from the airport to Fonna for you.
- Read and sign ATC Athlete Code of Conduct http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/read-me-1/
- Ensure all equipment is ready and in good condition – call your coach if you need help
- Make sure your passport and insurance are up to date