Information For 2019 Bormio Camp
This is a great race series that we would encourage all families to attend, and of course we also recommend training the week before the races. We suggest that under 12s be accompanied by their parents if this is their first camp with ATC.
Prices Dates and Locations
Prep Training Week - Bormio February 9-16
Race Week - Bormio February 16-23
- Training Only £400
- Full Package £1350
Goals of the Camp
On Snow: The races in Bormio are normally long and on hard snow. We will focus our attention on fine tuning technical areas and getting used to skiing longer courses under race conditions. Bormio is great fun and both racers and parents enjoy the atmosphere and the competitions.
Off snow: Our focus will be equally shared between fitness, stretching and active recovery. Time will be spent tuning their ski, supervised by their coaches.
There is a Slalom, Giant Slalom, Super G and a Parallel during the race week. These races are British seeded (BASS) races and are included as selection races for the British U16 and U14 Teams.
GBR race entries and information can be found on the GBSKI website http://www.gbski.com/index.php
We will have an accompanying adult on some of these flights. If you would like to organize separate travel please let us know the details.
Outbound group flight - TBA
Meet the coaches at the easyjet check in 2 hours before departure with your parent concent form (link below). Please remember you are representing ATC on the plane so behave yourselves and be respectfull of your coaches and the traveling public.
Inbound group flight options - TBA
Programme - Daily
- Saturday – travel training week / arrive for dinner / team meeting
- Sunday to Friday - training and racing / ski prep / fitness / video / schhol work
- Saturday - travel or rest / arrive for dinner / team meeting
- Sunday to Friday - training and racing / ski prep / fitness / video
- Saturday - travel home
Lift Passes - Live out Training only
Lift passes are availble at a 10% discount through the lift pass office at the base station. Just say you are in the races to recive the discount. If you get a multi-day pass this will cover both race areas (Thursday Friday are in Adela area opposite Bormio).
House Parents And ATC Staff
Sean langmuir 07940017548 firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment Check list
- SL GS SG skis
- Protection - including certified FIS helmet and back protector
- Cat-suit and training shorts
- ATC jacket and salopettes
- Thermals x2 and ski socks x2
- Hat, gloves x2 pairs and buff x2
- Fitness clothing and running shoes including shorts and tracksuit
- Tuning equipment including wax, files, vices, waxing irorn, 87 / 88-degree angle, scraper etc. (benches provided)
- ATC clothing if you have some (please wear when travelling)
- Sun-cream and lippy with sunscreen
- Casual clothes including
- Water bottle, travel adaptor, towel
- Pocket money - needed for travel days for drinks/food at airports, and for extras like hot chocolate, hot soup for lunch, etc.
Transfers to Resort with ATC
Pick up will be from Milan Malpensa airport and will either be in the ATC van or with a local transfer/bus company. The journey takes approximately 3hrs so make sure you have some snacks and water.
Emergency medical insurance is required specifically you need to be covered for ski racing. We highly recommend cancelation insurance, because if you have to cancel your booking due to any reason within 4 weeks of the camp start date you will not receive a refund from ATC.
Booking - step by step
- Pay for the camp in full or pay deposit http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/projects/
- Fill out the booking form
- Book flights https://www.easyjet.com/en/ call us to make sure camp is confirmed
- Read and sign ATC Athlete Code of Conduct http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/read-me-1/
- Ensure all equipment is ready and in good condition – call your coach if you need help
- Read your last ATC coaches report, and bring it with you
- Make sure your passport and insurance are up to date