About the ATC Bormio camp
The ATC Bormio camp runs from the 9th to the 23rd of February. There is a BASS SL GS and SG for the U14 and U16 racers, FIS SL GS SG and Combi for FIS and a GS and Combi race for the U12 and U10s. Due to the great snow conditions and fantastic location (Bormio) we encourage all young racers and families to attend. We run a training week prior to the races and we would encourage the two week camp to get the very best out of the racing. If you are with us on a training only basis then we will meet and pick up at the lift station each morning. Please ensure you have a pass and are ready to ski at the meeting time. We suggest that under 12s be accompanied by their parents if this is their first camp with ATC.
Training Week 9-16 February
The residential option offers full support and pastoral care. This includes transfers, all food and accommodation at the brilliantly located Funivia hotel just 100m walk from the gondola and active recovery, ski tuning and video analysis of the days racing and training. We are programming a daily supervised school study hour in to this camp.
Race Week 16-23 February
On race days the coaches will run pre race warm up before inspection with their groups. They will do the course inspection with all the athletes and help them get focussed and motivated in the start before the race. ATC is well known for the athletes being very sporting and fair and we make a point of encouraging the "team" to support each other and cheer each other on. The non race days with feature training for the next race.
There is no shortage of experience, knowledge and energy on the ATC coaching team. All our coaches are nationally or internationally qualified. Olympian and ex National Team coach Sean Langmuir leads the coaching team for the Bormio camp. ATC coaches include Meghan Costello, Sean Langmuir, Sofia Morton, Adam Piper, Jamie McWilliam all feature in this years camp. Our awesome team of house mums include Lara Langmuir and Val Dempster.
We will have an accompanying adult on the below flights.
Meet the coaches at the check in 2 hours before departure with your parent concent form (link below). Please remember you are representing ATC on the plane so behave yourselves and be respectfull of your coaches and the traveling public.
Outbound - Lara Burgart TLNJQ8
LH2521 1030AM GLASGOW MUNICH / LH1860 1530PM MUNICH
Return - Lara Burgart TLNJQ8
LH247 1055AM MILAN FRANKFURT / LH960 1405PM FRANKFURT GLASGOW
Outbound - Adult TBC
LH2521 1030 GLASGOW MUNICH / LH1860 1530PM MUNICH MILAN
Important Information on Lufthansa
- If you are travelling one way it is cheaper to book a return and not use it
- 12 years old and older you book as an adult
- under 12 years old you need to call 03719459747 and use the ref number for Lara
- Skis up to 23kg travel FREE!!
Transfers - Pick up will be from Milan Malpensa airport and will either be in the ATC van or with a local transfer/bus company. The journey takes approximately 3hrs so make sure you have some snacks and water.
Being as close to the slope makes a difference! No packing the van in the morning for a ten minute drive, we are right there by the gondola. The Funivia also has a fantastic ski room and lounge meeting area for team meeting and parents to hang out and socialise. Hotel Funivia +39 0342 903242
Lift Passes - For live out athletes lift passes are availble at a 10% discount through the lift pass office at the base station. Just say you are in the races to recive the discount. If you get a multi-day pass this will cover both race areas (Thursday Friday are in Adela area opposite Bormio).
House Parents And ATC Staff
Lara Burgart 01479821727 firstname.lastname@example.org
- SL GS SG skis
- Protection - including certified FIS helmet and back protector
- Cat-suit and training shorts
- ATC jacket and salopettes
- Thermals x2 and ski socks x2
- Hat, gloves x2 pairs and buff x2
- Fitness clothing and running shoes including shorts and tracksuit
- Tuning equipment including wax, files, vices, waxing irorn, 87 / 88-degree angle, scraper etc. (benches provided)
- ATC clothing if you have some (please wear when travelling)
- Sun-cream and lippy with sunscreen
- Casual clothes including
- Water bottle, travel adaptor, towel
- Pocket money - needed for travel days for drinks/food at airports, and for extras like hot chocolate, hot soup for lunch, etc.
Emergency medical insurance is required, specifically you must be covered for ski racing. We highly recommend cancelation insurance, because if you have to cancel your booking due to any reason within 4 weeks of the camp start date you will not receive a refund from ATC.
Booking Step by Step
Training Week - Bormio February 9-16
Race Week - Bormio February 16-23
Training Only £400
Full Package £1200
- Pay for the camp in full or pay deposit http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/projects/
- Fill out the booking form
- Book flights https://www.easyjet.com/en/ call us to make sure camp is confirmed
- Read and sign ATC Athlete Code of Conduct http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/read-me-1/
- Ensure all equipment is ready and in good condition – call your coach if you need help
- Read your last ATC coaches report, and bring it with you
- Make sure your passport and insurance are up to date
Programme - Daily
- Saturday – travel training week / arrive for dinner / team meeting
- Sunday to Friday - training and racing / ski prep / fitness / video / schhol work
- Saturday - travel or rest / arrive for dinner / team meeting
- Sunday to Friday - training and racing / ski prep / fitness / video
- Saturday - travel home