New Year Training and Racing
26 December - 6 January
New!!! ATC BASS Races AT the ATC Academy
Stay tuned for information of ATCs first BASS races. We are planning an exciting programme of BASS races over this camp which may include four races over only two days. We have the capability to run a BASS GS in the morning followed by a night Slalom all in the same day.
Goals of the Camp
On Snow: We will focus on improving athlete's speed and technique during this camp. The resort of Bergeralm is one of the best race training venues in Austria and ATC will take full advantage of the great piste preparation. With 150 snowmaking machines we are always guaranteed great ski conditions. We will vary training courses and conditions to enhance your strengths and identify and address any areas where you can make improvements.
Off snow: Our focus will be equally shared between fitness, stretching and active recovery. Time will also be spent with the coaches tuning your skis.
About the BASS Races
Ambition races - There will be a total of four races available over four days (3-6 January). These races are British seeded (BASS) races and are included as selection races for the British U16 and U14 Teams. The race conditions in Austria are far more reliable than France or Italy at this time of year. There are also U12 and U10 races so we will also provide coaching support for these age groups. GBR race entries and information can be found on the GBSKI website
Outbound group flight
December 26th EZY6911 Edinburgh 1025am Arriving Munich 1340pm
Inbound group flight option
January 6th EZY6912 Munich 1705pm Arriving 1835pm
Important notice on the return flight: This flight leaves on the day of the last BASS race. We will be leaving the race venue at 1pm following the last race. Those travelling home will not make the prize giving and if there are delays they may miss the 2nd run. If you would like to organize separate travel please let us know the details.
Programme U16 U14 U12
26th Dec - Arrival
27th Dec to 2nd Jan - Training (ATC BASS Provisional dates 29/30)
Option 1 - 2nd Jan - Travel PM to Saalfelden for the Ambtion race series (3rd to 6th January)
Option 2 - 2nd to 6th Jan - Training in Steinach |
6th Jan - Transfter PM to Munich for flight home
Equipment Check list
- SL GS (SG if doing speed races) skis
- Protection - including certified FIS helmet and back protector
- Cat-suit and training shorts
- Warm jacket and salopettes
- Thermals and ski socks x2
- Hat, gloves x2 and buff
- Fitness clothing and running shoes including shorts and tracksuit
- Tuning equipment including wax, files, 87 / 88-degree angle, scraper etc. (iron, benches provided)
- ATC clothing if you have some (please wear when travelling)
- Sun-cream and lippy with sunscreen
- Casual clothes
- Water bottle, travel adaptor, towel
- Pocket money - needed for travel days for drinks/food at airports, and for extras like hot chocolate, hot soup for lunch, etc.
Transfers to Resort with ATC
Pick up will be from Munich airport and will either be in the ATC van or with a local transfer/bus company. The journey takes approximately 2hrs.
dates Location and Prices
Steinach am Brenner (ATC Racing Academy). If you are thinking of coming with the family the tourist office has offered to help you locate a place that suits your needs. You can contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +4352726270
26 December - 6 January
- Training Only £650
- Full Package £2100 (11 days)
- Evo Speed Series £650 Full Package £300 Training Only
Emergency medical insurance is required, you need to be covered for specifically for ski racing. We highly recommend cancelation insurance, because if you have to cancel your booking for any reason within 4 weeks of the camp start date you will not receive a refund from ATC.
Booking - step by step
- Pay for the camp in full or pay deposit http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/projects/
- Fill out the booking form
- Book flights https://www.easyjet.com/en/ call us to make sure camp is confirmed
- Read and sign ATC Athlete Code of Conduct http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/read-me-1/
- Ensure all equipment is ready and in good condition – call your coach if you need help
- Read your last ATC coaches report, and bring it with you
- Make sure your passport and insurance are up to date
Upcoming ATC Camps
Bormio Italy English Ski Championships
Tignes France British Ski Championships
Spring Camp Hintertux
Scottish Camps Cairngorm Mountain February and April
To book on go to http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/projects/