Christmas Training Week - Steinach
23rd December to 29th December (Training)
New Year Training and Racing - Steinach Rieteralm Leogang
30th December to 8th January (including Ambition races)
8th January to 11 January (including Evolution races)
Goals of the Camp
On Snow: We will focus on improving athletes speed and technique during this camp. The resort of Berger Alm is one of the best race training venues in Austria and ATC will take full advantage of the great piste preparation. With 150 snowmaking machines we are always guaranteeing great ski conditions. We will vary training courses and conditions to build up your strengths and identify and address any areas where you can make improvements.
Off snow: Our focus will be equally shared between fitness and stretching, tuning skis and active recovery.
There are a total of 8 races available over 7 days in early January. These races are British seeded (BASS) races and are included as selection races for the British U16 and U14 Teams. The race conditions in Austria are far more reliable than France or Italy at this time of year. There are also U12 and U10 races so we will also provide coaching support for these age groups.
- Jan 4th - 7th Ambition Tech Series
BASS 2xSL 2xGS Hinterreit Austria.
GBR race entries and information can be found on the GBSKI website http://www.gbski.com/index.php
We will travel on the 3rd January and stay close to the race piste returning on the 8th Jan
- Jan 8th – 10th Evolution Speed Series
BASS SG x3 SC x1 Reiteralm Austria
If staying for the Speed series we plan to move hotels on the 7th. SG training is offered on the 8th with races on the 9th and 10th. Travel home will be on the 11th from Munich or Salzburg.
Outbound group flight
- 23rd December / Edinburgh Munich / Dep 1025am Arrive 1340pm (EZY 6911)
- 30th December / Edinburgh Munich / Dep 1025am Arrive 1340pm (EZY 6911)
Inbound group flight options
- 29th December / Munich Edinburgh / Dep 1410pm Arrive 1540pm (EZY 6912)
- 8th January / Munich Edinburgh / Dep 1410pm Arrive 1540pm (EZY 6912)
- 12th January / Munich Edinburgh / Dep 1410pm Arrive 1540pm (EZY 6912)
We will have an accompanying adult on some of these flights. If you would like to organize separate travel please let us know the details.
Programme - Daily
- Saturday – Travel / Transfer from Munich 2hr / arrive for dinner / Team meeting
- Sunday – 9am to 3pm skiing and orientation / ski tuning and fitness / Team meeting /
- Monday to Thursday / Skiing 8am – 3pm / Ski Prep / Fitness / Video
- Friday - Skiing 9am - 1030am / Transfer to airport 2hr / Flight home
- If you are staying for two weeks then Saturday will be your day off
Steinach am Brenner (ATC Training Camps)
Saalfelden / Maria Alm (Ambition BASS Tech Series)
Reiteralm (Evolution BASS Speed Series)
If you are thinking of coming with the family the tourist office has offered to help you locate a place that suits your needs. You can contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +4352726270
Camp Head Coaches
Equipment Check list
- SL GS (SG if doing speed races) skis
- Protection - including certified FIS helmet and back protector
- Cat-suit and training shorts
- Warm jacket - remember its cold in the dome so dress for -7c
- Thermals and ski socks x2
- Hat, gloves x2 and buff
- Fitness clothing and running shoes including shorts and tracksuit
- Tuning equipment including wax, files, 87 / 88-degree angle, scraper etc. (iron, benches provided)
- ATC clothing if you have some (please wear when travelling)
- Sun-cream and lippy with sunscreen
- Casual clothes including
- Water bottle, travel adaptor, towel
- Pocket money - needed for travel days for drinks/food at airports, and for extras like hot chocolate, hot soup for lunch, etc.
Transfers to Resort with ATC
Pick up will be from Munich airport and will either be in the ATC van or with a local transfer/bus company. The journey takes approximately 2hrs.
- Training Only £400
- Full Package £1200 (if booked in advance)
- Training Only £500
- Full Package £1500 (if booked in advance)
Notes: 30th December to 8th January) £1600 (incl. moving and racing)
- Training Only £200
- Full Package £650
Notes: Moving on the 7th January, SG training on the 8th and racing SGx2 on the 9th and another SG and a Super Combined race on the 10th then returning home on the 11th January.
Emergency medical insurance is required, you need to be covered for specifically for ski racing. We highly recommend cancelation insurance, because if you have to cancel your booking for any reason within 4 weeks of the camp start date you will not receive a refund from ATC.
Booking - step by step
- Pay for the camp in full or pay deposit http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/projects/
- Fill out the booking form
- Book flights https://www.easyjet.com/en/ call us to make sure camp is confirmed
- Read and sign ATC Athlete Code of Conduct http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/read-me-1/
- Ensure all equipment is ready and in good condition – call your coach if you need help
- Read your last ATC coaches report, and bring it with you
- Make sure your passport and insurance are up to date
Upcoming ATC Camps
Bormio Italy English Ski Championships
Tignes France British Ski Championships
Spring Camp Hintertux
Scottish Camps Cairngorm Mountain February and April
To book on go to http://www.alpinetrainingcentre.com/projects/